In this episode, we build on the foundations of last week’s conversation. How do these beauty standards operate today? How do they effect the relationship that we have with ourselves? How do they effect the relationship that we have with each other? We also take a good look at the assumed messages the fat body sends because, if anything, a woman must be slim before she in considered beautiful. To summarise, we talk about the other ways that we can illuminate our world with different beauties, how we can support our sisters, and also how we can move forward to start creating a new way of being.
Knowledge is power. From having researched these episodes, I’ve learnt a lot about myself and the relationship I have with my own body. My hope for you is that, armed with this knowledge, you walk away from this episode with a bit more freedom than you had yesterday. If this means that you move through the world with your head held higher, more confidence, more unity with yourself and others…then that’s a great start.
…Because, honestly, it’s time to put down what isn’t yours to carry. And if you put it down, you’ll invite others to do the same.
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider giving a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to your podcasts. It really does help! Listen through the player below or via Apple Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Radio Public | Breaker | Google Podcasts. If your preferred listening platform isn’t listed here, please drop me an email and I will rectify this for you. Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode.
Episode 16: You Need to Take a Break – Making Space for Rest in the Hustle Culture – She Uncensored
- Episode 16: You Need to Take a Break – Making Space for Rest in the Hustle Culture
- Episode 15: Exposing Female Beauty Standards – Assumptions, Stereotypes, & Experiences [Part 2 of 2]
- Episode 14: Exposing Female Beauty Standards – Capitalism, The Male Gaze, & Power [Part 1 of 2]
- Episode 13: Gut Feelings, Leaning Into Discomfort, & Breaking Your Comfort Zone
- Episode 12: We all know about toxic positivity, but what about toxic gratitude?