In this episode, I wanted to concentrate on the idea of self-love…but not in the usual, fluffy, bullshit way that we’ve all known online. Self-love is 1% of the time long baths after a hard day and a face mask – but the other 99% of the time, it’s hard fucking work. It’s showing up and staying when you don’t want to, it’s quitting when you’d rather not, and it’s pushing through the difficulties because the future benefit outweighs the present discomfort. Self-love is political. It’s doing the work.
Listen through the player below or via Apple Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Radio Public | Breaker | Google Podcasts. If your preferred listening platform isn’t listed here, please drop me an email and I will rectify this for you. Don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode.
Episode 13: Gut Feelings, Leaning Into Discomfort, & Breaking Your Comfort Zone – She Uncensored
- Episode 13: Gut Feelings, Leaning Into Discomfort, & Breaking Your Comfort Zone
- Episode 12: We all know about toxic positivity, but what about toxic gratitude?
- Episode 11: FOMO, the art of not comparing your life to everyone else’s, & other things I learnt in my 20s…
- Episode 10: Gender Expectations, Lockdown Learnings, Living with Intention, & What Happens Next…
- Episode 9: Learning to Love Yourself, Honouring Your Desires, & Why Self-Love is Integral for a Life Well Lived